Clue: Common Proper Nouns
1. Ling. alph.
4. Where Brahui, Evenki, and Khmer are spoken
8. Kroeber or Sechehaye, for short
11. Not actor Greenstreet
12. Nilo-Saharan language
18. Atk. diet taboo
19. When PIE was spoken
20. Negative disjunctive
21. Penultimate prefix
22. Caedmon’s lang.
23. Not Dr. McCoy
27. Copies of a particular Bible trans.
29. Type of dislocation
30. Sacred syllable for 40 Across
31. Whale hunter
36. Not Trager
39. Acad. resumé
40. Successor to linguist who made Italian sandwiches?
42. Midwest coll. with large ling. club
43. Northwest Semitic language
45. Branch of Semitic to which Akkadian belongs
46. Hypothetical ancest. of Luo and Songhai
47. City in Apulia
48. Suppletive 1st singular
49. Charged particles
50. Like [ u o a ]
52. Not Marr
55. Correlates w/ Adj-N and N-Post
56. Type of learning
58. Quintana ____ (Mayan languages spoken here)
59. Flacks’ specialty (abbrev.)
60. ____-and-arrangement model
61. What to do when 54 Down are illegible
66. Not Hale
68. Gun gp.
69. Halle or Swadesh, for short
70. Not Rev. King
Complete the crossword and send your solutions to the editors of SpecGram by July 15th, and you could win a SpecGram magnet of your choice. The correct solution and winners, if any, will be announced in the upcoming August 2009 issue.
Speaking of completing crosswords and winning prizes, the folks below completed Dr. Pulju’s previous crossword (solution at right). Each will receive a SpecGram magnet of their choice.
Congratulations to this month’s winners!